The Depth of God’s Love for Us
The depth of God’s love for us is something of great misery. No can truly understand it. However, we can get a glimpse of the depth of God’s love for us through His word and the things He has created/provided for us our comfort.
The Meaning of God’s Love
First, God Himself is love. The first attribute of His personality is love. He is the complete epitome of love. Some look for love in all the wrong places and in the wrong people. They’ve never bothered to look towards God’s direction, the place where love resides.
The Depth of God’s Love
Mathew 5:45, “He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.”
Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
The depth of God’s love for us, both believers and non-believers can be measured by the above two Scriptures. God loves even the sinners. This is the reason Jesus took His time to establish relationships with even sinners when He was physically present on earth. In spite of the fact that many who thought themselves to be too holy to relate with these people, chided Jesus for wining and dining with sinners. Jesus never listened to them instead see His response to them.
Mark 2:15-17,” While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees(D saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”(E)17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”(F)
The Proof of God’s Love
If you’re still in doubt about God’s love for you or you have questions regarding the depth of His love for you. Perhaps, these evidences here would help you.
- Jesus sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary is the first proof of God’s love for us. The place where He bled and died is a forever witness of the price He for humanity. This remains the biggest proof of God’s love for everyone of us.
- God knows us even down to our unholy thoughts, yet he still loves us.
- He knows that we are sinners, yet He forgives all of our sins when are humble enough to repent from them.
- When we are sick in the body or diseased even unto death, He heals us.
- When we are faced with threatening situations and it seems we’re in a deep pit, with no hope of ever making it out. He pulls us out when we least expect it.
- Most times we are ungrateful for His good gifts even the ones He gave without our asking; yet that doesn’t stop Him. He gives them anyway.
- When we deserve nothing short of justice for our sins and wrong doings, He grants us mercy.
- He comforts us in times of loneliness and despair. He never leaves us when we go through different trials.
In sum, God is patiently waiting for us to change from our rebellious ways. He is God patiently waiting with outstretched arms to receive everyone of us back to Himself. He doesn’t want you nor I to perish. Making peace with God is the greatest thing one can ever do for himself. That, you can do even right now.
Also Read The God Given Joy
Scholar Odum is a digital content/freelance writer, blogger, teacher, and former news contributor to the Life Magazine of the Guardian Newspapers, Nigeria.